What to Expect
Overview for Volunteers
Below is an itinerary to give you an overview of how a typical Festival day runs, and tips for Festival volunteers. This information can also be found in our printable PDF Volunteer Planning Guide.
- Arrive at park and meet at welcoming tent
- Check in receive an overview of your role for the day.
9:15 – 9:30 am
- Elementary students arrive and get oriented
9:30 – 11:30 am
- Students visit activity centers
11:30 – 12:00 am
- Lunch is provided to volunteers
12:00 a.m. – 2:00 pm
- Return to your activity or area
- Students continue to visit activity centers
- Students return to the marshaling area to prepare for bus loading.
- Activity centers are cleaned up by activity center hosts.
- Volunteers assist in organizing and loading students on buses.
- Wear comfortable footwear that is suitable for the weather (i.e.rubber boots if it is raining).
- Wear clothing that a PCWF apron can fit over. You will receive one when you arrive to help identify you as a volunteer.
- Dress in layers for the weather. The Festival and activities continue rain or shine.
- Read the Volunteer Planning Guide.
- Lunch is provided, but no other food is sold on-site. You are welcome to bring litterless snacks.
- Please bring a reusable water bottle- water and juice will be available.
- Coffee is provided throughout the morning. Please bring a refillable travel mug.