Overview for Educators
The following checklist is designed help your visit to the Festival go as smoothly as possible.
Click here to download a printable PDF
- The PCWF will be held rain or shine. Ensure that everyone is dressed for the outdoors. The site may be wet in places, so waterproof footwear is a good idea as well.
- Upon arrival, please have all students remain on the bus for a Festival greeting and updated information for the day.
- Any student or adult supervisor with medical conditions (diabetes, epilepsy, severe allergies, etc.) should report to the First Aid Station, located in the registration tent, and submit a written description containing his/her condition(s) before beginning the visit.
- Remind your students and parent helpers about the importance of being careful around the riverbanks.
- Your school will be assigned to a numbered area along the parking lot fence. At this number you can meet any of your parent helpers who are not coming on the bus. At the end of the day you will meet at the same number. Once all your children have returned you a PCWF Bus Greeter will let you know when you can load your bus (the parking lot has a limited capacity and buses are only able to exit in a particular order).
- Give the bus driver a sign with your school’s name to display in the window so Festival staff can readily identify your bus.
- Ensure each adult supervisor has a Festival Site Map, names of the students in their group and their group’s itinerary. We ask each group to start their day at a different activity to avoid congestion.
- The activity centres are open from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. With a lunch break from 11:30 to noon- at this time all activities will stop to eat.
- Before departing, please take a moment to fill out the evaluation form distributed by PCWF staff.
Identifying PCWF Staff
- Festival staff and volunteers will be wearing bright yellow pinnies with the PCWF logo on the front.
- Festival Organizers will be wearing a green Festival golf shirt.
- First Aid personnel will be in red Festival T-shirts.
- Staff and volunteers will be located throughout the site. Should questions or problems arise, do not hesitate to approach them. They are available to help.
- A First Aid Station will be located at the registration area by the bus parking lot. Additionally, a First Aid attendant will be circulating the Festival.
- Due to the waterfront landscape of the Festival, it is imperative that children be reminded of water hazards and stay in their small, supervised group at all times.
- A Lost and Found will be at the Registration Tent.
- Please bring any found items there, and check in at the Tent before leaving the Festival to make sure your class hasn’t left anything behind.
- Remaining items will be taken to the Peterborough Green-Up office after the Festival. Please contact the coordinator after the Festival if there are items you are still missing.